29.9.15

Refreshed

Yes, I am completely and totally refreshed this morning!!! How I praise God for His goodness to me, for His great mercy and for His patience! I don't know what I would do without my Savior leading me all the way in this season of life.


What an incredible season this has been these last few months! I have to say, being engaged has been the most delightful and fun and sweet and precious time of my life . . . and I also have to add it has been one of the most stretching times for me as well. Transition from everything I've ever known in my family life and preparing for the life God has called me to has not been all easy. There have been a lot of emotions to deal with, a lot of things to evaluate and seek the Lord on if I am walking a balanced life, and yet so much joy, delight and making some of the most special memories ever with Tim! I could not be MORE blessed.

I love how my Tim is always so willing to jump into any activity the family is doing, even if it means getting messy! :)

I couldn't be more blessed for how Tim has invested in each of my siblings individually and made them feel special and loved as he is joining our family and I am joining his. It's always more fun to do a project when Tim is here! :)

Tim and I have so enjoyed the special time we've had, planning our wedding together! I am SO grateful for his insights, his encouragement, his ideas and love as we work through lots of ups but also some downs together. I'm so thankful for the many ways we have grown in our love for each other and every day it seems we learn more about each other and draw closer to one another! How I thank God for the joy we have experienced, preparing for our home and lives together in just less than 2 months!! Our chain is getting shorter and we are SO excited to see what God has in store for us and our marriage and family. Praise be to God!

We have made SO many special memories with my new family!!!

To be completely honest, I have been struggling to know how to balance my relationship with God, relationship with Tim, relationship with all 8 of my siblings and my parents and balance the rest of life - wedding planning, duties at home, ministering to others and whatever else God puts in my path. But this challenging time of seeking to invest in all my relationships has caused me to really evaluate what is important in my life and where my time is going. What is my purpose? What am I living for? Is what I'm living for worth dying for? Where is my focus? What delights me? What makes me fulfilled?



He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. ~Matthew 10:37-39

I think many girls dream of being in a courtship, being engaged and getting married, which I have delighted in and enjoyed most definitely, but if we have not learned to be content right where we're at and been thankful for where God has us, how will we ever learn that contentment when we get there as keepers at home with lots of repetition and tasks that are not glamorous? I know for me, I didn't realize everything that would go into this delightful process (which I am still in and enjoying to its fullest!!) but I give all praise to God for answering my prayers and giving me the most incredible man for me - a godly man who has led me in His ways and has taught me SO much and helped me grow in my character and learning how to trust in the Lord more in hard situations. He is so much more than I ever prayed and dreamed of . . . and yet I am realizing all the more how important it is to ALWAYS keep God center of my life and how this affects my contentment in the here and now! How He must ALWAYS have my central focus and my greatest delight. Someone I talked to thought that life was all bliss for me since I was in a relationship and that I must always be more than wonderful. Although it is true that I could not think of anything I'd rather be doing or a future I'd rather have than with Tim, my RELATIONSHIP does not give me contentment - it is GOD!!!

We were so blessed by the beautiful shower my soon-to-be mother-in-law and sister-in-law put on for us. We had fun showing our sweet gifts to our families when we got back that night.
It is so easy to begin to rely on the man you love to fulfill you and your desires, but we must reserve this place for God first, which then gives Tim freedom. A sweet friend of mine encouraged me to always be grateful for what we have been given and when we feel like we are wanting more affirmation or love, first give thanks to the Lord, then give, give, and give some more and find out greatest delight in the Lord. With my focus on the Lord and serving selflessly, the change of focus transforms my heart and gives me a content spirit with where I am at and what I have. This is where I have found so much freedom, victory and so much delight! I want to be the greatest helper to my soon-to-be husband, and to learn this contentment in whatever season God has us in gives our men the freedom to be who they need to be and not be burdened by a discontented wife or fiancé! :) I am learning this, sometimes slowly, but as I said, God is so faithful to teach me these things moment by moment and be so patient in my failings and give me room to grow.

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. ~Mark 12:30  

Whenever Tim arrives for a visit, there is always a race out to his car to see who can get there first!! :)
This morning, I went on a much-needed prayer walk with my Savior, and I can't begin to tell you how refreshing that was to me!! I felt SO connected to my Savior as I was pouring out my desires to Him and asking for help to balance all of my life. Talk to Him and praise Him and share with Him your deepest desires -- He is the closest friend you could ask find. It makes a difference in the way you seek Him. It can be so easy to just slide into the normal patterns of life, but then we miss the most delightful fruits of seeking and finding intimacy with our Savior, which then gives us purpose, excitement, fulfillment and the greatest joy! This is what I found this morning as I sought the Lord and gave Him of my time and praise. It takes work to pursue God. It takes commitment and heart desire to grow our relationship with our Savior, but it is always fully worth it and completely fulfilling when our hearts are right before our Savior and He has our FIRST love. I encourage you to pursue your God with passion and zeal, and if you don't have it, pray; give thanks; seek Him hard; don't give up or give place to other things. There is NOTHING that can EVER take the place of YHWH in our lives. Only He can fill and complete us.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. ~Matthew 10:37-39

We had such fun working on our invitations together! What a process that was - but my incredible Tim always knows how to work the bugs out of the system!
We had lots of helpers as we stuffed our envelopes to send out invitations! :) What a special memory!!

Hannah was just playing hymns this morning and I was singing along and was so touched by the words of this song. They became a prayer to my Savior as it inspired me to grow in my walk with Him and I wanted to share just a few of the things God is teaching me in this beautiful season of life. Please take a moment to read each of the words and may God refresh your spirits as you seek Him diligently.
    Cleanse Me


Search me, O God, And know my heart today;
Try me, O Savior, Know my thoughts, I pray.
See if there be Some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from every sin And set me free.

I praise Thee, Lord, For cleansing me from sin;
Fulfill Thy Word, And make me pure within.
Fill me with fire Where once I burned with shame;
Grant my desire To magnify Thy Name.

Lord, take my life, And make it wholly Thine;
Fill my poor heart With Thy great love divine.
Take all my will, My passion, self and pride;
I now surrender, Lord In me abide.

O Holy Ghost, Revival comes from Thee;
Send a revival, Start the work in me.
Thy Word declares Thou wilt supply our need;
For blessings now, O Lord, I humbly plead.


May YHWH Himself bless you as you journey in a closer walk with Him in whatever season of life He has you in!

Joyfully,
~Dani

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Dani!! Those lessons you've been learning are SO important, ones I need to learn better too! I'm really looking forward to when you get married, dearie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, YVOT!!! I can't wait to be married EITHER, dearie!!!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for taking time to post your thoughts, Dani. I really needed to read this! Thank you for your encouragement!
    I'm greatly looking forward to November 14! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Just got your invitation today. It is so pretty! I love the fonts and colors. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, your words on priorities were very timely for me. I am currently facing an exciting business opportunity, but as I seek to gain the skills I need, I am struggling balancing my time with family, with my Lord, with my ministry and then this training. What am I living for? Is what I am living for worth dying for? Lord have mercy on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for allowing the Lord to speak through you! This post richly blessed, encouraged and challenged me. I may not have a young man in my life, but I certainly can relate to these lessons the Lord is teaching you. What timing it was for me to read this post. God bless you and congratulations on your exciting future! :)
    In Christ, Jayme

    ReplyDelete